Who: Introducing Group 8 Education
Group 8 Education is made up of a diverse group of people who all share a common passion to see the transformation of our education systems to provide for our children the best environment for their growth and development both as individuals and as productive members of society.
- Group General Manager with Dames & Moore, the world’s largest engineering and environmental business, leading a group of four professional service businesses in Australia.
- Chief Executive of environmental technology start-up company from initial idea through to successful prototyping of technology
- Leader of the major change management program within Boral, one of the world’s largest building and construction materials groups reporting directly to the Managing Director. The program embraced thirty businesses and led the shift in business focus from an internal, production focus to an external, customer focus.
- Member of the senior management team of Ocean Group, a European Headquartered Multinational, which systematically restructured the whole group from a stagnant conglomerate to a focused industrial services group.
- Implemented complex selling and proposal writing methods to address large and regulated customers to increase size of projects won in both consulting and engineering environments.
- Developed a value proposition for the sewage treatment sector, surveyed senior executives who represented 80% of installed capacity to identify the areas that caused them concern then developed a proposition that met their needs.
- Developed successful new value propositions and strategies for a series of businesses – environmental testing laboratories and freight forwarding with Ocean Group; roofing, ready-mix concrete, quarrying and LPG distribution businesses with Boral and design engineering and environmental consulting with Dames & Moore.
Doug has written and published four books:
- Working with the Board and Executive Team at Sydney Electricity (now Energy Australia) to help facilitate the change from a government instrumentality to a fully commercialized operation.
- Working with the Board and Executive Team at Ricegrowers Cooperative Limited to help facilitate the introduction of SAP simultaneously with completing a reengineering program.
- Working with the Board and Executive Team of Caltex Oil Malaysia Limited to improve the company’s market position from #5 in Malaysia
- Working with the Executive Team at Terrace Tower Holdings on future directions for this property development group
- Working with the Board and Executive Team of PTC Telekom, Papua New Guinea, for corporatising the operations
- Working with Sembawang Corporation in Singapore to improve leadership practices for all their operations through South East Asia
Doug coordinated the operations of the State Relief Centre in Victoria during the Ash Wednesday Bush Fires (the worst fires in the 20th century to hit Victoria) and was commended in Parliament and in official publications for this role.
Andrew’s coach training is characterized by powerful content, strong experiential learning and engaging presentation. Andrew has now trained hundreds of educational leaders both in Australia and England, and is currently writing a book based on his compelling (and at times, life changing) training.
An accredited coach with Results Coaching Systems and an ICF (International Coach Federation) member, Andrew continues to ‘sharpen the saw’, and has significant coaching education to support his coaching and training development.
Intensive Coach Training, Results Coaching Systems
Executive Coach Training, Results Coaching Systems
Team Coach Training, Results Coaching Systems
Accredited Results Coaching Systems Coach (Executive Coaching)
Precursors to Coaching, New York
Member International Coach Federation
Covey Seven Habits Trained
Andrew’s website is here.
- CMI Level 5 in Management
- Critical Friendship for School Improvement – MA Education Studies, Canterbury Christchurch University, Kent
- Cognitive Coaching and NLP training